Friday, October 27, 2023

Scrappy Hexagon Log Cabin Style Quilt for Project Linus

I was playing around with my scraps one day and decided to cut out hexagon centers in orange fabric. Then I sewed log cabin style around the center hexagons using orange, purple and white fabric scraps. I played with the layout and nothing really looked all that exciting to me, so I left it like this and pieced the blocks together and quilted it.

It is a bright and wonky looking quilt for sure. I don't think I will make a scrappy quilt like this again. I had a few more blocks leftover, but not enough to make the quilt larger, so will use those on a purse flap to donate to Sew Powerful one day.

This quilt measures 40" x 50" (suitable size for an elementary aged child).

I didn't bind this quilt, but I sewed it doing the birthing method and then I quilted it using a serpentine stitch on the diagonal.


It's a very wonky looking scrappy quilt. :0) I hope some child will love it to cuddle. Maybe I should have added an appliqué on top, but with the quilt so busy, it wouldn't have shown up very well.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Some one that loves purple will fall in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think some lucky child will certainly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design of this quilt intrigued me. I would also like to know where you got the Project Linus label.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the queen of knowing how to use color. this is one of your best color wise. I love it so much and know that at some time in the future i want to remember how you did this. its excellent. the block is fun it looks like its moving and the colors and placement of the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...