Friday, August 11, 2023

Half Round Quilted Sunflower Table Topper

Gosh, I made this back in May and haven't posted it yet. Better late than never.

Our neighborhood had a community garage sale for those wanting to partake in May. I always love to walk the neighborhood numerous times to not only look at what is offered for sale, but I get my exercise then too. I didn't really see anything I wanted, but then at one house I saw a black half round table that did catch my eye. I knew I didn't want a black table, so I bought it and had hubby paint it white for me. Later when I got it home, I noticed it was from Ikea. We don't have Ikea here. The closest Ikea stores are in a Denver suburb or in Phoenix. Too far to drive.

I wanted the table for our entry. It had to be the right size and I wanted a half round table so it wouldn't stick out too much. It fit perfectly! Next was to get on to making a table topper for it. I love sunflowers & Echinacea Coneflowers are my 2 favorite flowers, but the sunflower lent itself best for this topper. 

I started sewing teal/turquoise/aqua scraps to create the background for the topper and then made an appliqué sunflower to go on top. I LOVE how it came out ad the colors are so eye popping gorgeous. Now there is fun pop of color as you enter the house.



The flowers aren't down on the shelf now as my daughter gave them to me for Mother's Day in May and I just put them there to take the photo. The top is a catch all for keys and sunglasses as we come and go.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great find in that table. I love your half sunflower table topper! It's perfect for the table and your entry way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table and the topper are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...