Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Sew Powerful Purses #43-46 (2023) for Fundraiser 2023

I made 4 Sew Powerful Purses with Hot Air Balloons on the flaps in appliqué. I put them into a local gift shop to see if they will sell, since Balloon Fiesta will be here the first weekend in October and I hope they will sell. I put a little note in the front pocket explaining that if the purse sells, I will donate the money received to Sew Powerful during their Fundraiser and Sew-a-thon during the month of September. So far nothing is selling at that gift shop. It has been hot here though, so most people are probably not wanting to shop or stroll around Old Town.

If they don't sell, then I will donate them to one or up to four girls in Zambia, depending on how many do sell, or if any sell? Time will tell.

So here are the 4 purses I made~



The body of the purse is denim, upcycled from denim jeans.

I added a pocket inside this one. I usually don't add an inside pocket, but I had some extra fabric.

I also added a jean pocket on the back that I first did an appliqué heart on it. Only smaller women jean pockets will fit on the back of the purse.


Added crystal bling on all of the balloons too.

This one I made with a batik fabric body.

Back has a slip pocket added.


Another denim jean body and pocket with a purple appliqué heart on this one.




Denim jean body and this one I did a flower appliqué on the pocket.


Flap lining I had to piece scrappy as I didn't have enough of either fabric. Kind of like that scrappy lining flap.

Wish me luck in selling these purses so I can donate to the fundraiser. If you would like to donate any amount to Sew Powerful (in my name) during the fundraiser (through September 2023), let me know so I can send you the link and my number  to enter to donate, because there will be prizes for us fundraisers. Not that I need to win anything, but Aurifil thread is one of the prizes and I can always use thread, lol! Sewing machines are donated too from Bernina and Babylock (serger), but those go to the people who raise the most $$. Will find out at the end of September if I am lucky enough to win anything.

Happy purse sewing for me!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Your purses are always so well made and each one is so thoughtfully designed. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purses, Daryl. I love the hot air balloons. It reminds me of when I drove through NM going from Colorado to home. We had no idea it was balloon day. It was wonderful. We just pulled over on the side of the road and watched for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to impress me with your purse creations - you're the queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...