Saturday, August 5, 2023

Falling Charms Quilt with Flannel Applique Bear (Project Linus Donation)

I made this quilt to donate to Project Linus. The quilt is Falling Charms Quilt Tutorial by Connie of Freemotion by the River blog. Using a charm pack makes this a fast and easy quilt to make (of course I had to add a little appliqué on mine, lol). Thanks Connie for the tutorial, it was a fun one to make.

I dug in my neutral scraps to find the pieces to cut rectangles to go with the charm pack I had. I also had to cut 4 or was it 5 more 5" squares, since the charm pack was short a few squares. The charm pack was given to me by a friend, so she either used a few squares, or she was given it by someone else and then passed it along to me? Who knows, but it was not shorted from the fabric company in case you were wondering. I just happened to have a few fabrics that went well with the rest, so all is fine.


I think this charm pack was a vintage-looking Christmas charm pack.

The charm pack was not the bright colors that I love to work with and that kids love, but the addition of the appliqué bear makes up for that and I hope a child in elementary school will love it. It can go for either a boy or a girl. 

I first made flannel and felt eyes, but they looked weird and so I went for button yes, my preference for eyes. Since this quilt measures 46" wide x 51" high it is the size for elementary school age, the buttons wouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't do button eyes for a newborn. 


I also backed this quilt with flannel too. 


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. this is brilliant, you took a simple pattern and elevated it into something wonderful, fun and beautiful. what a great idea. this will be well loved

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious quilt Daryl! The addition of the applique bear is so neat and I'm sure any child will love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute Linus quilt, Daryl. The adorable bear applique is the absolute perfect final touch. I love that he doesn’t get lost in this quilt design and he’s a great contrast for the fabric colors and prints. There’s a very lucky child out there that will love this quilt.
    Annie (Annie’s Musings)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding the little bear makes this one unique and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...