Saturday, August 26, 2023

Ironing Caddy Pad Jr. Iron Bag & Ironing Surface All-in-One

This Ironing Caddy Jr. (by Sisters Common Thread), is the smaller version of the original Ironing Caddy. Jr. fits a small travel size iron, whereas the original fits most larger regular size irons. I made the original size years ago, but I hadn't made this Jr. size yet. So when a women in one of my groups was asking about an iron bag for her travel iron, I thought I would make this one (it matches a large bag I made) to show her. I expected her to order one in a color she might like, but she said she would buy this one. Well okay, I can make myself one too (which I did and will share soon).

I used a material I had for the inside lining that was very similar in feel to the silver heat resistant (HRM) material. Since I thought she would order one in her colors, I didn't use the HRM that came with the pattern, because I thought it would be better to use for her bag. Well, she was fine with this bag and so I ended up using the HRM in the one I made for myself later. I couldn't find the HRM yardage I had. Did I use it all? Well wouldn't you know it I found it the other day after I had made this one and the one for myself. LOL!

I think I like the Jr. size caddy even better than the larger size. It's so cute and this is the size iron I would take with me when I sew away from home anyhow.



I used a double stacked button and fold-over elastic instead of regular elastic or hair ties. I used hair tie elastic the first time I made one of these larger bags and the elastic rotted rather quickly. I like the stretchy fold-over elastic, so I hope it lasts longer.

This opens to a 15.5" x 20" ironing surface. This is the material I used instead of the HRM. Looks like "pick up sticks" game.

I like this cute little Dritz iron. So lightweight and works great.

Half folded and half unfolded, so you can see how the iron sits inside the bag.

Looking down before I adjusted it closed so you can see the iron inside.

Next time I will share the one I made for myself in beautiful batik fabric. 
Happy pressing!

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. This is just SEW cute and the perfect size for those little travel irons! Thanks for the link to the pattern. I may have to chase that squirrel! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute with fun fabric, and useful to boot! No wonder the woman you showed it to wanted to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I love the red/white polka dot handle and binding. It adds the perfect playful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to make one of these! I tried and found the instructions to be too hard to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marsha, since you are a no-reply comment I don't have your email to contact you. Have you watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpIVwPLpl8&t=140s maybe it will explain it better?

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...