Friday, August 4, 2023

H2O to Go Water Bottle Sling Bag in Denim

I made this one a few months ago and haven't shared it yet. It was a custom order for a woman's grandson going to college. This young man she told me, is 7 feet tall! Glad she mentioned that, so I could make the strap longer. Even though the strap is adjustable, you need enough length to be able to adjust it if you are that tall, lol! 

She said he likes blue, so the manliest blue I could think of using was blue denim. And better yet, I upcycled some denim jeans (they were hardly worn at all before given to me). I paired it with gray waterproof canvas (WPC) and a gray zipper. I usually make 2 slip pockets and a pen pocket for the pockets inside the zipper pocket, but for a man, I thought the card pocket slots would be better.





I always like to quilt the bottom of the oval base to make sure the stabilizer inside stays put and it gives the bag a bit of character too. I used a gray thread for all the topstitching and quilting.

Inside the zipper pocket on front is a phone pocket and credit card slots, with another pocket behind the credit cards. If I make the larger slip pocket where the credit cards go instead, then there is room to add a pen pocket. So I just placed the pen inside that back slip pocket. The gray plaid made a nice lining here. And can y see the small seam from the jeans above the pen? Proof these started as denim jeans before becomnig the H2O bag.


The main part of the bag lining is made with WPC. This bag will hold a 32 ounce Yeti water bottle, so it can also hold a variety of other sizes too. I have a narrow water bottle and I have plenty of space around it.

Keep hydrated everyone! It has been hot here way too long with only 2-inches of rain the entire year and this (July-August) is normally our monsoon season, but we haven't had a really good monsoon in decades. 


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect for a guy, Daryl! Wow - 7 feet tall! And I thought my SIL was tall at 6'7"!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that plaid for a guy and paired with the denim-just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...