Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tip of the Morning Tuesday to You: Cleaning Lint Out of Your Sewing Machine

Hello and welcome to my Tip of the Morning Tuesday. It has been a while since I posted a good tip and when I saw something online a few months ago about selling lint brushes for cleaning your sewing machine (a set of 2) that seemed a bit pricey to me (especially after paying tax and shipping costs), I immediately thought I could just buy those silicone disposable mascara wands instead! Even if you don't wear makeup, these are great for grabbing the lint out of those awkward parts and not so awkward parts of your sewing machine. The silicone bristles really grab that lint and you need to pick the lint off to throw it away. I don't know about you, but the lint brushes they sell for sewing machines don't last very long and the bristles end up all splayed out after using it once or twice!

I placed one of these brushes next to each of my machines and in my bag for when I go to sew with a friend too. I even gave everyone one of these brushes in my Project Linus group to use. After all I got them on Amazon (NOT an affiliate) and they came in a pack of 100! So I can use them for mascara too, lol! You can buy a smaller quantity as well. So far I have used them for a few months and have not had to toss one yet. They last longer than any other brush or even pipe cleaners I have used before.

Disposable Mascara Brushes make great lint brushes for sewing machines (and more) too! I bought these on Amazon with a purple brush! They have other brush colors, but hey purple is so pretty.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'll get some of these and share them with my quilt group.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...