Saturday, August 12, 2023

Green String Quilt with Appliqué Owls

When the scrap bags get full, it's time to make some scrappy quilts and my favorite scrappy quilts are String Quilts! Most of my scrap bags are stuffed full, so it is time to make some more strings in other colors and an all color string quilt too.

Since I prefer to make smaller quilts, (less stress on my shoulders when I quilt them) I like to add a little something extra to the quilt and that is an appliqué of some kind. I have done appliqué bears, snowman, dogs, etc. in the past. This time it is my favorite appliqué owls! I even added a bubble with the question, "Who?" by the corner owl. Might take this one to the gift shop next time I need to add some more stock there. If it doesn't sell, I will donate to Project Linus later. At least it is worth a shot to see if I can sell some of the quilts I create as it gives me a few dollars to buy needed batting or thread, fusible web, etc. that I use to create the quilts I make.



I used small die cut letters.

All the owls were made from flannel, except the beak are quilting cotton.


Simple quilting using a Serpentine stitch diagonally.

I added a Conversation Bubble over this owl, who looks like he would be saying, "Who?"

I might reduce the owl above to appliqué onto a purse flap for the purses I make and donate to Sew Powerful. I think any of these owls would look cute on a purse flap, don't you?
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Sew cute! Love the owls! Yes, one would be awesome on a purse flap!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...