Sunday, January 2, 2022

The Illusion Bag

I am finally able to reveal my version of  The Illusion Bag that I tested for Imazz Patterns a few months ago. This is the first bag pattern offered in the Bag of the Month Club (BOTMC) that runs January-March. There are 3 bag designers and you get a packaged deal of all 3 patterns by joining the BOTMC. You can join anytime through the end of March for this deal. The other 2 bag designs will not be revealed until the 1st of each month (Feb. & March). You cannot buy these patterns individually until after the BOTMC is over and I am not certain when the exact date of that will be, but you will need to purchase from each designer then as it will no longer be a package deal. By joining the club you save money and it's like getting one pattern free.

Imazz's instructions are excellent and this bag is no exception. The Illusion Bag is perfect for someone who doesn't have or prefers not to use a lot of hardware or any hardware at all. Of course you can use whatever hardware you like. 

Here is my version of The Illusion Bag. I chose to use a batik fabric paired with a pair of repurposed jeans in an brownish-olive tone, which went perfect with my batik fabric. 

The finished bag measures 13 inches / 32.5 cm high x 11 inches / 28.5 cm wide x 3 inches / 7.5 cm deep.


The front of the bag features a zippered pocket as well as a slip pocket. Perfect place for easy access to your phone, keys, your mask, or whatever you need to grab quickly.


A recessed zipper to keep the contents of you bag secured.

Inside the bag you have choices of pockets to add or not add. I added both a divided slip pocket as well as a zipper pocket. But you can add 2 zipper pockets or 2 slip pockets or one pocket or no pockets as the choice is yours if you make this make bag. There are instructions for both pockets in the instructions.


I like to divide my pocket to include a pen pocket.

This is the back side of the bag. No pockets here, but you could add one if you wanted to. You can see the seam down the center, which is from the jeans I used to create this bag. It gives it a bit of character, don't you think?

I chose to use webbing for my strap, along with strap ends and some rivets, both are in antique brass a handmade label too.

I just love both of those front pockets.

Don't want to make a bag, but like this one? I have it listed for sale in my PayHip Shop with FREE SHIPPING to USA only. This bag has SOLD.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this bag, Daryl!! My only wish would be for it to have shoulder straps instead of regular straps! I really do like this pattern though! And I like it with the webbing and hardware you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing, it seems very practical as well. Great color choices as well. so nice to hear that the instructions are written well, that's a great selling point.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...