Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Drawstring Heart Gift Bag & Baby Gifts

A friend of mine is going to be a first time grandmother in April. Her only daughter is having a baby (a girl), so I dropped these off to her and I hope she will find them useful when the baby is at the teething stage and bear hugging stage. 

I also made a gift bag to put these gifts into. The bag can be used over for whatever she wants to use it for. I created a scrappy piece of patchwork using pinks and purples from my batik scrap bag. Then I fused some paper backed fusible web on the wrong side of the scrappy fabric and using my Crossover II Die Cutting machine, I cut out 2 hearts (using the Nesting Hearts die cut) and appliquéd the hearts using a machine blanket stitch. I place one heart on the front of the bag and one on the back of the bag. (This bag would make a nice Valentine's Day gift bag too!)

The background fabric for the hearts and the lining fabric was a sweet fabric of baby feet in pastel colors. Glad I was able to use that fabric, as I have had it for a long time and still have some left.

I used the Drawstring Gift Bag pattern (from Moments by Liz) for the bag. Liz created this pattern mainly for using large prints and small panels, but I just created the appliqué hearts for this bag instead. The pattern in free on Liz's Facebook group (you have to join to get her freebies, which are in the files on her group page). 

Front of bag.

Back of bag.

Looking inside the empty bag at the lining, which is cute baby feet in pastel colors.

These are the items I made that I am putting into the gift bag: Hedgehog teething ring and Hare Ears teething ring (I used flannel fabrics) and a velour purple stuffed bear.

Included in the gift bag are these items that I made: Hedgehog Teething Ring, from Around the Bobbin patterns, The Hare Ears Teething Ring, from Around the Bobbin patterns, the Charity Bear, a free pattern from Shiny Happy World, and the Drawstring Gift Bag, a free pattern from Moment by Liz. 

"Hello down there". Looking inside the bag with the gifts inside. Looks like the bear wants to get out and be hugged by a sweet little baby. Soon little bear, soon you will be hugged.


Crafter's Edge Nesting Heart Die Cut was used to create the heart appliqué, along with the Crossover II Die Cutting Machine.


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...