Sunday, January 23, 2022

Polar Bear Can Cozy

Thanks to Joan from Moosestash Quilting for hosting this blog hop.


I decided to make a can cozy and I added a polar bear appliqué I made using felt. 
First, I got out my Crossover II Die Cut machine by Crafter's Edge and the 1.5" die cut strip cutter to cut strips of blue scraps, which cut so quickly. I sewed those together and fused some fleece on the back. I used the a circle die cut and cut the polar bear's head. I love cutting felt with the die cuts as they cut so perfectly and neatly too. The ears, nose and muzzle, I just cut out by hand. I hand appliquéd the polar bear to the scrappy blue piece I made and added tiny buttons for the eyes.

In order to cut the can so there are no sharp edges, you must have the kind of can opener that cuts around the side of the lid and cuts through the glue and does not cut through the metal. This is the can opener I use from OXO (not and affiliate, just like their products):


Here is the finished can cozy:


I made the cozy like a tube that slid over the can, so no need to add Velcro or buttons for a closure. This fits the can rather snuggly.

The red ribbon I glued in place.


I did paint the can blue inside, but it's not necessary to paint it.

I painted the lid too (although it could use another coat of paint, lol)
 I placed a flat marble on top to show that you could glue a flat marble or a wooden ball with a flat bottom, or some stacked buttons, etc. to use as a knob to lift the lid off and on it you wanted to use this and have a lid. 

If you leave the lid off you can place all kinds of things inside such as, pens, pencils, or sewing tools like I put in the can: ruler, stuffing tool, scissors and freezer paper rolled up.

This was a fairly quick and easy project, made even faster using Crafter's edge die cuts and the Crossover II cutting machine.
Crossover II Cutting Machine

Circles

1.5" strip cutter (which includes the 1" too)

Pin It Now!

31 comments:

  1. Your can cozy is super cute! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! I like your can cover and that polar bear face is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl, I love the can cozy--the blues and polar bear--you captured the hop theme perfectly! What a clever way to cover a can and make it useful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daryl, that is just so stinkin cute! I love love love it, and who doesn't need places to store extra "stuff" in their sewing room. I think I'm going to have to make on of these myself! :-) Thanks for playing in the Polar Bear hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable can cozy, and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute project! The little bears face is adorable. This project caught my older daughter's eye right away--she is always digging through our recycling bin to make things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea for a cozy and so cute, too! I can see making this on craft day with my grandkids. Thanks, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very creative and fun. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll bet you grin each time you reach for something in that can! I love the happy polar bear face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for a can cozy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your polar bear cozy is just right for this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great, could be used outside a glass of beer on cold nordic summer evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so dang cute. Does he have a name yet. He should, he is that kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute cozy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent! The polar bear cozie is the best and I loved that you gave him a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bear cozy is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daryl, your little polar bear face can cozy is adorable. A nice and totally useful recycle project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute can cozy. Love the idea of using it to hold tools or something else fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome can cozy, Daryl! That face is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daryl the polar bear can cosy is just too cute! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun little winter project.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great idea and perfect for this hop! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...