Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Scrappy Turquoise, Blue, Green Free Form Log Cabin Style Quilt with Fleece Backing

Here is another free form modified log cabin/courthouse steps style quilt I made. I used polar fleece on the back of this quilt instead of flannel. No batting as the fleece is thick and acts like a batting as well as a backing fabric. Will donate this quilt if it doesn't sell at the gift shop. I thought I would at least try to see if this style quilt would sell? You just never know! The ones I really think would sell, don't, so? I price them cheap enough, so prices isn't the reason it doesn't sell (who knows if they even look at the price?), but there are just too many variables such as size, color, design, etc. You can't please people and I won't do a custom made quilt because I have to enjoy the making of it and I couldn't get enough money to make it worth my while if I didn't enjoy it or it was a pattern that had a zillion pieces in it! So I suspect this one will end up being donated and that is fine with me. 

This quilt measures 4 1/2" x 40 3/4".


The back fleece side showing the quilting
The polar fleece backing showing the gridded serpentine stitch I used to quilt the quilt. In person the green is a bit brighter that it shows here.

closeup
So fun to not have any rules to sew these kind of quilts. I can use any width scraps I want to use.

Happy Scrappy quilt piecing!

*Update: I sold this quilt, yay! I sold it cheap, but it sold! I really wasn't sure. 


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Daryl, you make me feel so guilty since if my scraps are smaller than 1.5 inches I never see them again. These scrappy quilts are so ldarn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha BurnsideFriday, April 26, 2024

    I love the colors of this quilt. The turquoise is so pretty! I love the idea of fleece on the back. I'm definitely going to have to try that trick to make things warmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...