Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Bag

I made this Happy Bag on Sunday. It is an ImazzPattern, but not a new pattern. It is called Happy because of the *smile* pocket you see on the front of the bag. I guess I wanted my bag to be extra happy, because I made the back of the bag with a smile pocket too, lol! Normally, the back of the bag is one fabric (like the blue denim), but I wanted a couple of pockets outside. I could have added a back zippered pocket, but I thought why not add the same pocket on the front and the back. I also did my pockets in patchwork strips. I wanted to use the blue denim and so I decided on digging through my red scrap bag and then I made the patchwork pockets and then quilted them with a red variegated thread. I love how the bag turned out.

I showed the finished bag to Mr. P. and he said he thought it was one of the nicest bags I ever made! Wow, who knew he even paid that much attention to my bags? I think he liked the red patchwork and the denim paired together. It is a really nice bag and can be used as a tote bag or a handbag too. I like the simple style of this bag and it lent itself well for doing some patchwork on it too.

This is the front of the bag. See the *smile* pocket?

This is the back of the bag with another smile pocket and I used some different red print fabrics here too.

I used a wavy stitch as my topstitching and added a "Handmade" button. I also used the wavy stitch on the center of the straps too.

Inside the bag I sewed 2 slip pockets. One is in a light denim color and the other is the same print as the lining. I think this beach lining is so cute and fun. This would be a fun bag to take to the beach! Now if only there were some beaches here in New Mexico, lol!
Hanging in the Desert Willow.

Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. It really is a great looking bag! I love the little tag you added, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl I not only love this bag and the fabrics you used...I LOVE the fact that Mr. P really liked it and told you so. You do need a beach in New Mexico my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bag, Daryl! I like the colors and the design. A little bit of patriotic colors is perfect for this time of year. Actually, patriotic is great any time of the year. What a cute little handmade button. I don't think I've seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect name for the bag, yours is indeed happy. your fabrics are what makes it really sparkle, the inside fabric is a hoot. The strip piecing really makes it pop. How do you decide which bag to use everyday, you have so many fantastic options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a while since I made this bag. Love the patchwork that you did and use of denim. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable bag. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Daryl. Mr P is right! Reds or pinks on denim is always my favorite - they look so sweet and casual.
    you're great with patchwork, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from Lorna's linky: what a great bag; always good to see variations on a theme and I really love your happy pocket. Good for you, Mr P for not only noticing but for saying ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr. P. has very good taste, LOL. I love the smile pockets and love the name Happy Bag! You always sew such beautiful bags Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why this is a 'Happy Bag'. Not only because of the simles, but also the cheery stripes. I think this is the kind of bag to use on a gloomy day, to put a smile on your face.
    I went to check a U.S. map because I had the idea that New Mexico was nearer to the coast. Boy, this won't be a beach bag for sure. lol
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...