Thursday, June 19, 2014

Little Girl's Bag

I started making this little handbag months ago. I had originally planned on creating a pdf pattern for a little girl's handbag to sell on Craftsy, but then I lost my mojo for finishing this bag as well as creating a pattern.

When I had stopped by the library and was talking to the librarian that I had made a custom bag and matching wallet for, she happened to ask me if I had a bag for a little girl already made. I told her I did have one that was nearly finished as it just needed the straps to be sewn to the D-rings and a snap added to close the bag. She needed a gift and so I went home and finished this bag. The funny thing is the fabric I had used for the exterior of this little girl bag was the same fabric I used for the lining of the blue small Savannah bag I just made for Tracie. I think it was meant to be! I hope the little girl who receives this bag loves the bag as well as the fabrics.
This is the little girl bag I started months ago and finally finished. It's my own made up bag design.
Back of the bag.
A polka dot fabric for the lining, and pink polka dot for the binding.
The front pocket is here.
I added doubled stacked flower buttons for looks. Inside the bag it closes with a snap.
This dog print is the same fabric I used for the lining of the small Savannah bag I recently made here.
Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that fabric. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of the bag. It's so nifty that you can create your own bag patterns. I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew adorable, Daryl! Great style and that dog fabric is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHe is a very lucky girls, the bag is so cute and pretty. I love the flower buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bag is just adorable! I need to learn how to make handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You HAVE to make this a pattern it is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure the little recipient loves her new bag, Daryl. It's a great design, especially the outside pocket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I'm betting the little girl loved the bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...