Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Sew Powerful Purse #180 for 2023

I finished another Sew Powerful purse. I made this flap using the tiniest scrap pieces and quilted and added embellishments on the flap. The main body pieces was a donated piece that was already quilted, so I just had to sew the purse together after making the flap and cutting out the rest of the pieces for the purse. I wanted to try some decorative stitches on the webbing strap and liked how it came out, so I did different stitches and different thread colors on a few more straps.

Scrappy Quilted Flap using tiny pieces for fabrics. I added embellishments like buttons, mesh, vinyl scraps, yarn that I couched and bits of organza ribbon scraps.

Mostly batik scraps were used.

Back of purse showing the quilted fabric and the full flap.

I added decorative stitching on the webbing strap with a variegated thread. Turned out nice! I stitched other straps in different stitches and different colored threads and webbing to use for other purses too.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable scrappy purse. Cute idea.
    Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...