Friday, November 17, 2023

Myrtle the Turtle Quilt & Lovey, Leo the Lion Lovey, Ellie the Elephant & George the Giraffe Lovey Teethers

Lisa, from Around the Bobbin has designed 2 NEW patterns for baby gift giving. Myrtle & Leo is a pattern that comes with a turtle (Myrtle) and a Lion (Leo) applique that you can add to the simple baby quilt, PLUS, you can also make what Lisa calls, Lovies, which are a bit of flannel or Minky fabric that attaches to a silicone safe teething ring, to go with the quilt. Each pattern comes with 2 silicone rings, but you can certainly buy more of just the silicone rings too.

The second pattern is Ellie & George. Ellie is an elephant and George is a giraffe. These are lovies in the shape of each animal, rather than appliqué. Can be made using flannel or Minky for a soft cuddly feeling for baby.

I tested all of the lovies and the quilt too.

I chose to add Myrtle the Turtle to the quilt that I tested. I made my quilt and turtle using flannel fabric that I already had on hand. I am on a mission to use up what I already have. So I used more than the 2 fabrics that were called for in the pattern. I had just enough of the plaid print, so I went with the yellow, purple and pink that are in the plaid print to create the quilt. Then used a lavender flannel for the binding.

Myrtle the turtle is so cute! I can see using this appliqué on other quilts too that I make.

This is the Myrtle lovey. How sweet is that scalloped edge? The silicone ring is looped through elastic, so you can wash the lovey or the silicone ring.

The back of the quilt I used polar fleece and quilted it with a variegated thread. This was the first time using a polar fleece as a backing. I didn't use any batting as it was thick enough. It turned out nicely. I wouldn't back anything larger than a baby quilt to quilt using my domestic machine, since I don't have a longarm machine.



This is Leo the Lion lovey, again I used flannel that I already had.

You can add Leo or Myrtle to the quilt and both are included in the pattern.

Ellie the Elephant is a lovey in the elephant shape. The ear has a crinkle paper you can add to it if you want a texture for baby. And the tail is supposed to be made with narrow braided elastic, but I didn't have enough elastic, so I used some yarn that I braided instead.

George the Giraffe is another lovey that comes in the pattern along with Ellie. The main is made of ribbons and the tail I used a ribbon yarn that I braided instead of the elastic.

Ellie & George make such cute lovies. I may also use them for appliqué on another quilt. I will get more mileage out of these 2 patterns that way, lol!

These are all quick projects to make for that baby in your life. I made the quilt in one day. Lisa's instructions are always spot on too! So grab your discount while these are on sale (scroll up to top for code).

Head over to Lisa's blog to see all the tester's versions too. Only myself and one other tester made the quilt, but there were lots of lovies made. And you can see how some of the testers and Lisa used Minky on these lovies too.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. those are so adorable i plan on making some in the future. you share so many great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the animal shapes and i never thought about using a decorative stitch on webbing, that is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...