Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Flannel Quilt Donation for Project Linus

Many years ago I sewed squares of flannel together into squares. The idea I had was to make a Twister quilt using the leftover scraps of flannel I had from making pajamas for myself, my daughter and my grandson. Well top sat for years and a few months ago I decided to take it to my Project Linus (PL) group and have Barbara, our longarm quilter, quilt this so I could donate it to PL. It was extra big, since I had planned on cutting the squares into Twister squares and resewing them to create the twister quilt. Well, since PL always needs the larger quilts, I thought this would be a good one to donate. 

Barbara quilts to a Minky backing and folds the backing of the Minky fabric to the front as a faux binding. It works well and can all be done by machine that way. I had to place a part of the quilt onto the cutting table at the PL group to photograph this. The lower right corner is the printed floral Minky backing.


Here is a closer look at the Minky backing.

You can see a bit of the quilting pattern used here.

One more Pl donation finished!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. i think anyone would feel like they've been hugged if the backing is minky. The pieced top of the quilt will be like a giant hug from you and your family. a lovely donation to PL. you are so generous with your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...