Friday, July 21, 2023

H2O to Go Water Bottle Bag in Purple & Turquoise Batik Prints

Hello lovelies, are you surviving the heat wave? I have been staying cool indoors and sewing up a storm! I have so many things to share that I have finished, but haven't posted yet. Been too busy sewing to post I guess.

I was commissioned to make another H20 to Go Water Bottle cross body sling bag. A woman in my Project Linus group saw the one I had worn that day and asked about it. She thought it would be great to take to a quilt show that she will be attending in September. Of course these water bottle bags are great all summer long no matter where you might go.

Her favorite colors are turquoise & purple and batiks (ah, a person after my own heart with those colors and in batik too)! So This is what I made for her and she loved it.

The bag measures 11" high at the sides x 6" oval base x 4" deep. A 32 Yeti will fit inside, so plenty of room!

I didn't have enough of either fabric for the strap, so I used both! I love doing a 2-fabric strap.

handmade charm added to the zipper pull I made with beads.


Inside the front curved zipper pocket is a couple of slip pockets with room for a phone, passport or small wallet (I made a matching card wallet too) and a pen pocket.

This is the matching little card wallet.

Back of bag.

Looking down into the bag where the water bottle goes. This can hold really large bottles. The lining is waterproof canvas.

Front view showing the curved zipper pocket.

Inside the zipper pocket with the little card wallet in one slip pocket.

Card wallet opened. It has 3 slots. The first two can hold a few cards and the last one is deeper and holds folded cash or more cards.

I put my water bottle inside to show you. My bottle is tall and narrow. You can see there is plenty of space to hold a wider bottle.

Some people use a hack when making this bag. There is a hack for boxing the corners instead of adding the oval bottom and they also hack the zipper pocket by sewing a vertical or horizontal flat (not dimensional) front pocket. I think it's because some of them are afraid of sewing the oval bottom and zipper. Maybe they tried it once and didn't have success? Or they also just want a super fast sew? 

The reason I bought this pattern is that I loved the look and function of the bag. I love that front zipper pocket and that there is room for phone, passport, small wallet, pen and space between the pockets for keys. The pattern has instructions for card slots or the additional slip pocket, and I prefer making a removeable little card wallet most of the time to place into the extra slip pocket. It's more versatile that way.

I have another H2O to Go bag to share with you next time that I made a couple of slight changes to, so watch for that posting soon. Stay cool my friends!

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Great water bottle bag, Daryl. I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i own two of these bags, i use them all the time, its a perfect size for a purse and the outside pocket with the matching wallet is very handy. i love bags that are Messager style and are adjustable in length since I'm short.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...