Saturday, July 1, 2023

Shaputto Bag & Little Wallet

When I sent my Aunt the Opera Fabric Cross Body Bag I made for here (Emma Half Moon Bag), I also included a Shaputto Bag (Japanese style folding bag) and a little card wallet to match the Emma bag. 

The Shaputto bag can be folded and rolled up. I used fold-over elastic that I sewed into the bag to wrap around the folded bag to hold it and keep it small until needed. I really like fold-over elastic much better than regular elastic. It comes in lots of colors and widths and is softer and stretchier than regular elastic. I also don't care for how regular elastic rots after a while and loses its elasticity.  I even printed off an instruction sheet for my Aunt so she could better understand how to open and fold the bag. I hope she uses it. She didn't mention it or the matching wallet when she wrote.

The Shaputto bag rolled up here.

The bag is opened here and the pleats expand to make quite a roomy bag. It is hard to photograph it well.

Here it is flat before either opening or folding and rolling the bag up. When you grab the short ends and pull in opposite directions the bag automatically will fold like this. The fold-over elastic is at one end, so you would roll from the opposite end and then stretch the elastic over the rolled bag to keep it small like the first photo.

Looking down into the opened bag. I used a batik fabric for this bag, since the bag is not lined and looks the same on both sides.

Here is the wallet I made to match the Emma Half Moon cross body bag that I made for my Aunt.

The opened wallet with 3 card pockets. The last back pocket is deeper and can also hold cash folded in half.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...