Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Sew Powerful Purses #33-41 (2023)

9 more purses finished! Yay! I made these from a panel (like some others I already shared here before). The panel was about half flowers half quotes and some were repeated, but most had only one of each. I sewed strips around the quote part to make it large enough for the purse flap. I added buttons and crystals on some. I think this panel was just made to make these purses for the sweet girls in Zambia! Need to work on finishing the flower ones soon too.

Some of the words on these flaps are written in a cursive font, and the girls do not know how to read cursive, so on the notecard that I include in each purse (cards are required, but can be made by someone else), I write what the flap says all in block print letters so they will know. Even if they could read the cursive word(s), some fonts could be difficult for them.

I had to add some crystal bling on this one!

This one can be read by the girls as it is all in block letters.



Buttons and crystals added.

Fraternal twins. Same panel, but sewed the strips in different fabrics as well as the body is different fabrics.

Added small buttons and crystals to both flaps.

The flap lining on the left is all done in cursive writing. Maybe a clever girl who receives this purse can teach herself cursive?

I love this one! I used a star print fabric for the body and star buttons and of course some crystals that twinkle like stars.

Too bad the crystals do not sparkle in the photo like they really do when the light hits it. 


Added buttons and crystals in the centers of some of the print flowers.


This purse and the one below are fraternal twins. Different fabrics strips surround the flap and different body fabrics. Both I added heart buttons and crystals on.





Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. what a great use for this panel. i think we need to be reminded of these quotes. you did an excellent job. i know the girls will appreciate having one of these. i hope it brings a smile to their faces every time they look at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...