Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Granny Squares Quilt

I made the Granny Squares Quilt blocks quite a while ago. I got them out and stitched them together into a top. It sat for months. I finally quilted it with a walking foot and diagonal lines. The quilt measures 47" x 59".

I know the surrounding white triangles (that form diamonds when the blocks are sewn...well in my case wonky diamonds, lol!!!) are not perfect. Sewing each block was easy enough, but then those white pieces, well I just had no idea how to make sure they stayed perfectly square, especially when sewing them later to the adjacent blocks. The overall look of this quilt turned out nice and I am pleased using up lots of colorful scraps, but Granny Squares are not a quilt I will make again, unless there is a better and simpler method for squaring them up perfectly?

I thought I would take to the gift shop to see if by chance it would sell at all. If not, I would donate it. Well I was pleasantly surprised that it sold! I didn't charge much for it and if someone liked colorful, then I thought it might sell. I hope the person who bought it loves it!




Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. i love this, what a great way to use up squares. you did a fantastic job and i love the fun colors. i hope you can sell it, it would be a treasure to whomever receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the granny square quilts. It's on my bucket list to make one day! LOL This is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is so happy! I'm sure the new owner is thrilled to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy quilt, and a nice finish! I'm sure the new owner will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...