Thursday, February 2, 2023

The Ruffled Runaway Bag from ChrisW Designs

ChrisW Designs newest pattern release is The Ruffled Runaway. It's a smallish tote style bag that features a large slip pocket on both the front and the back of the bag, plus 2 side pockets as well. Those ruffled handles are so sweet! Add piping or not on the large front slip pockets. You can also add a grommet at each side and clip on a cross body strap if you want the option of wearing it across your body. I thought it was perfect just like this without the cross body strap, so I didn't add one.

The bag measures 11" wide x 8" high x 3" deep.

(There is discount code for the pattern at the end of this blog posting, good for 3 days only).

Here is my version:

Made with 3 batik cotton fabrics. The main sunflower print batik and the turquoise accent fabric, plus the inside lining is also a batik fabric. I do love batiks!

I quilted the bottom base of the bag even though the instructions didn't call for doing this. Christine does have us quilt some bag bottoms and I added a double layer of heavy interfacing that is non fusible, so I felt quilting it would hold it all together better.

A slightly recessed zipper closure. I added a button on the zipper tab.

Back side of the bag is the same as the front with a large slip pocket. The piping is an optional feature to add.

I love sunflowers and I have/had several pieces of this sunflower batik print in many different colorways. I guess I was thinking of Spring when I chose these colors to use. Love those side pockets too. That's 4 pockets outside and one zipper pocket inside, for a total of 5 pockets on this bag.

Top view.

The batik lining fabric and zipper pocket.

The other side has no pocket and I didn't think it was needed as there are so many outside pockets.

Side pocket and depth of bag shown here.

15% off discount
now through Sunday February 5 Australia Eastern Time, using code: runaway15 Go HERE to purchase the PDF.

Sign up for Christine's newsletter to be the first to hear about newly released patterns and also receive a bit larger of a discount (20%) on newly released patterns as well. The form is located on the right side of her website.

This was a fun and fast sew and so cute! 

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. to me its your fabric choice that really makes this purse work. I find the handle to be a bit of a distraction but the rest of the purse is well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...