Friday, February 17, 2023

Denim Quilt for Project Linus

The denim rectangles were already cut and donated, so I added the red gingham, plaid, or stripe fabric and backed this quilt in red flannel to be soft. Wow this quilt is heavy! I measured it when I turned it in, but forgot to write down the size. I think it was somewhere around 44" x 50 or 60"? For a teenager.

It was a wrestle to quilt because of the weight, so NO more denim quilts! Making small denim purses, yes, but not quilts. It hurt my shoulders! I won't make really large bags anymore if I have to wrestle with them. I am trying to listen to my body and say no if it causes me any physical stress. Otherwise, I will out of commission for sewing! And I can't have that!!!

I photographed this one with a dusting of snow on the ground (and it got on the quilt too).



Donated this quilt to Project Linus and I hope maybe a teenage boy received it.


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Definitely on the heavy side with denim. It’s perfect for any child, but especially a boy or young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain that it was a beast to make but someone is going to really love it. It's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am right there with you I don't sew denim too much of a struggle and its hard on my sewing machine. you still managed to do a good job. I'm sure somebody at PL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a cute quilt - the binding just pulls it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, Daryl. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...