Saturday, July 30, 2022

Helping to Raise Funds for Sew Powerful Purse Project

Hello my sweet & generous readers, I just wanted to let you know about a fund raiser for Sew Powerful and their Purse Project. 

A purse I made not long ago.

I am involved in a very meaningful project and I am very excited to tell you about it. For the entire month of September, I will be sewing purses for girls in Zambia as a part of the 2022 Sew Powerful Sew-a-Thon. The purses I make, along with thousands of others, will travel to Zambia where they will be filled with soap, underwear, and reusable feminine hygiene pads for schoolgirls in impoverished communities. Having access to these pads (a hard-to-get resource in Zambia) allows the girls to attend school all month long. This greatly impacts a girl’s academic performance, giving her a chance to break the cycle of poverty with a quality education. The pads are sewn by Zambian seamstresses trained and employed by Sew Powerful, providing good paying jobs and the dignity of work for these women. This is a life-changing blessing for both the seamstresses and the girls in a country where so many struggle to escape the effects of extreme poverty.

Here is where you come in:

Would you consider making a one-time donation, in any amount, to Sew Powerful in consideration of my effort? Proceeds from the 2022 Sew-a-Thon help to fill the purses for the girls and pay our dedicated Zambian seamstresses.

A donation is easy to make. Just click the link below, select my name from a drop-down list of Sew Powerful Sew-a-Thon participants, and make a donation. It’s as simple as that to change the lives of women and girls in Zambia.

Click HERE to support me in the Sew-A-Thon.

Thank you for your consideration and say a little prayer for me as I sew away in September!

Warmly,

Daryl Perry

P.S. Even a one dollar donation will help this effort as it all adds up. Thank you so much!

Please see ALL the purses I have made since December 2020, by clicking the Sew Powerful Purse Project tab at the top of the screen. Newest purses are posted on the top.

Another purse I made recently.

Hugs,

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...