Monday, July 11, 2022

Project Linus Blue Scrappy Baby Quilt

Hello lovelies. I wanted to use up some scraps and make a baby quilt to donate to Project Linus at the same time. So I used squares and rectangles to create this quilt top. It measures 36" square and need to be at least 40" square (or up to 42" square), so I added a border to the top. 

Here is the top without the border added.

A blue striped border added and blue binding.

A peek of the backing fabric I used.

Back of the  quilt I used a Debbie Mumm print of Pirate sea animals that I have had for years!

Arrrgh matey, can you spy a Pirate Shark, Pirate Pelican, Pirate Starfish, Pirate Sea Turtle, and a Pirate Octopus? Plus there's some Jolly Rogers, Captain's Wheels, Anchors and a Treasure Map? All should be fun for a little boy!

While I just grabbed any blues in my scraps to try this pattern out (something I altered from a quilt I saw in a magazine), I think it would look much if I had chosen just the right blues. Well now I know I can make this in any colors and it will work out. A baby probably wouldn't care anyhow.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful quilt and I love the way you use the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great little scrap busting design! Isn’t that pirate themed backing fabric adorable. Perfect for a baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out really cute! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way to use up your scraps. The quilt turned out really cute. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...