Sunday, August 7, 2022

Sew Powerful Purses #100-101, Plus 52 Purse Kits

Hello my lovely purse makers and purse admirers. I wanted to share my 2 latest Sew Powerful purses with you. I have now officially made over 100 purses for this year! Woohoo!!! 

The Sew Powerful Sew-A-Thon will start September 1-30. That means we don't sew until September, but we can cut out purse kits and have them ready to sew in Sept. So I have been cutting fabric and fusing interfacing and cutting webbing straps to create the purse kits and I clip each kit with a plastic colorful clothespin to keep each kit together. Then I stacked all 52 kits into a grocery sack. Yes, so far I have 52 kits ready to sew!!! I will continue to cut out more kits all month long. I may not finish sewing them all in September (in fact I have no idea how many I will complete), but that means I will have kits already to sew even past September.

Here are purses #100 &101 that I did sew before the Sew-A-Thon was announced at Sew Powerful.

Purses 100 & 101 I have completed this year. The left purse was made with denim jeans.

The back side. I added a slip pocket for each.

Here is what 52 purse kits in a grocery sack look like. I weighed the bag and it weighed 8 pounds 6.4 ounces. I didn't include any webbing straps in the kits or else the weight would be even more. I have my webbing cut and hanging up so I just grab the color strap I want for the purse when I am ready to sew the strap in.

Each kit is clipped together with a colorful plastic clothespin.

How many purses do you think I will sew during the month of September? Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea, but I will be sewing every day at least a little sewing each day.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I made these bags with my guild and they are really fun to make. Great job putting the kits together. You'll be blessed for your contributions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...