Thursday, March 10, 2022

Lucky Mason Jar of Shamrocks for Saint Patrick's Day

Saint Patrick's Day is in one week and I created this wall quilt for the celebration. I only have a wee bit O' Irish in me, how about you?

I went to QuiltCon in March last month which was held in Phoenix, AZ and Crafter's Edge (CE) had a vendor space there, so I got to meet the 2 women (Kayla & Mikala) from CE there too, which was so nice to see them in person. (Darn I forgot to get a photo!) They had 5 new die cuts, along with all the rest of their die cuts in their space there. 

I knew I wanted to use some of the new die cuts to create my wall quilt for Saint Patrick's Day. I used the Mason Jar (the largest jar I used out of 3 sizes) and I used the mini hearts (also comes with mini stars) and I used 2 of the 4 sizes of the clouds die cuts too. The mason jar also comes with die cuts for the lids, but since I am using this jar as a vase, I left the lid off for this quilt.

Here is my Lucky quilt~


I thought the jar looked a bit plain, so I cut out a couple of flowers from felt and tacked it in place with a button. Yes that bit of a pop of color was just what I wanted there.

I just love the cute clouds! I had to add some wording too, so Lucky it was.
 And there is a four-leaf Shamrock for luck right there!
The mini hearts were perfect for making some 3 and four leaf Shamrocks.
 I added a bit of hand embroidery for the stems.

Crafter's Edge doesn't appear to have the newest die cuts listed on their website yet, so you could go there and chat with someone and ask about when they are releasing them on their website for purchase. Maybe you can buy them anyhow by chatting with them? 

The newest Die Cuts are:
1. Nested Mason Jars (3 sizes including lid die cuts: 2.25" x3.5"/ 4.9" x 3.25"/ 6.5" x 4.25")
2. Mini Hearts & Stars (2 heart sizes: 0.75" x 0.62"/ 1" x 0.83" & 2 star sizes: 0.75" x 0.71"/ 1" x 0.95")
3. Nested Clouds (4 sizes: 1.62" x 1"/ 2.71" x1.62"/ 3.96" x 2.35"/ 5.37" x 3.16")
4. Bird House (includes the house with 2 roof options, 2 little birds, a perch and circle opening). The house is 5" x 4.75"/ birds: 1.3" x 1.2"/ 1.45" x 0.8".
5. Rainbow: 7.25" x 3.62". This is one die cut with 6 cutting arches. I must admit I am not quite sure the best way to use this die cut?

I hope it is okay I share this info with you about the newest CE die cuts. They had them in their booth, so people at the show saw and purchased them. Contact Crafter's Edge to inquire about when you can purchase the newest die cuts. I love Crafter's Edge die cuts! They make creating so easy and faster too.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. "May every petal on the shamrock bring you joy and good luck".
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. How sweet this little Lucky quilt is! I just love how you’ve arranged the shamrocks then stitched stems. It all looks just as delicate as the little clovers look in real life. Great job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very cute, Daryl! I really like the nested mason jar die! I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you to meet the Crafter's Edge people and see the new dies in person. Cute project for St. Patty's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks fantastic, there is so much you can do when you start off with a canning jar. I love the flowers and heart clover flowers. your getting a lot of good use from your die cuts. the clouds are adorable. thanks for sharing, of of course your embellishments always add so much
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now I see! LOL Very cute project!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...