Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Alice Bucket Bag by All Sew Petite

Hello my lovelies. This is the Alice Bucket Bag I tested for All Sew Petite recently. The pdf includes 2 versions: the Drawstring Cross Body Alice & the Backpack version with a flap. I chose to make the cross body version. To see all the tester's versions of the cross body or backpack versions go here.

For the cross body version, the bag features a drawstring closure and grommets for the drawstrings, a 3 dimensional outer zipper pocket that has card slot pockets inside, an adjustable strap, and full wrap around divided slip pockets inside to hold all kinds of things.

I decided to make this bag using a thin vinyl exterior (the floral print). I used cotton gingham for the accent, but first I painted on some Liquid Vinyl to make it like vinyl too. I used 2 coats of Liquid Vinyl. It's a great product from Therm-o-web. Read all about it here. Cotton fabric was used for the lining.

I enjoyed making this bag, but I had a brain fart moment! I somehow placed my exterior pocket on high, instead of low, on the bag! You will see the difference when you look at the other tester's bags. So I am calling it a design decision instead of a goof, lol! It does make it easier to zip and unzip and access the pocket being higher though, lol! The instructions are excellent as always with Monika's patterns & the video makes it even easier, especially if you are in question about something. If only there was a video when I was sewing that pocket! LOL!!! 

Alice Bucket Bag measures: 25 cm / 21 cm / 14 cm (9 7/8”H / 8 1/4”W / 5 1/2”D).

Skill level: Intermediate


So here is my pretty Alice:

I placed the zippered pocket up higher on the bag than it was supposed to be. Design feature? LOL!

On the cotton gingham fabric I used Liquid Vinyl on it so it feels like vinyl like the rest of the bag. It will keep it clean and waterproof too. 

I made a beaded zipper pull with a bag charm.

The grommets and drawstring closure.

Inside the outside zipper pocket are 3 credit card pockets. I chose to add this part against the outside of the bag so when it is unzipped the cards will face the wearer and it will be easier to access and see the cards. The directions have you place the card pockets against the bag, but you can certainly sew it how you like it like I did.

This bag opens nice and wide and will hold a lot in the main part of the bag. There are pockets that wrap around the sides and front and are divided as you like them (I divided into 3 pockets. There is also a key leash that you can clip to your keys and make it easy to find them later.


Side view.

The bottom view. You could add purse/bag feet if you like, but since is a cross body bag that will be hung up and it is vinyl, I decided to not add the feet.

There you have it. Monika of Sew All Petite has a YouTube channel of her patterns too, as well as some free patterns, so check out her channel and follow along on her video if you purchase Alice or any of her other pdf patterns.

Alice Bucket Bag pdf is on sale for 48 hours (UK time), so if you want to save a bit of money, grab this pdf while it's on sale. No code needed. Shop All Sew Petite here.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Fun looking bag, odd pocket placement and all! You sure are making me want to try some of that liquid vinyl stuff, though. Does it result in the fabric feeling like you're sewing with vinyl after treatment; i.e., does it tend to stick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great size and wonderful colors. I can see the appeal of the vinyl liquid. enjoy
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...