Thursday, March 24, 2022

Zip & Clip Cross Body Bag

Hello shutterbugs. I tested this cute little bag from Around the Bobbin. It is an updated version to the original pattern, which I did not test, so I have no comparison to see what is actually different in the instructions. 

I chose a camera print to highlight on the flap and I used Heat 'n Bond's Liquid Vinyl on the flap to waterproof it and keep it clean. I used denim for the body of the fabric. I chose to use a slightly wider strap than called for because my hardware is 1-inch wide and I don't have anything smaller. I used webbing for the strap.

This cute little bag measures 7" H x 6 1/2" W x 2" D. It is perfect for the minimalist or when you don't want to carry everything with you. Not only can it be worn across the body, but unclip it and adjust the strap to fit around your waist to wear as a hip bag too.

Under the flap there is a zipper pocket as well as a slip pocket (perfect for a phone. Inside the bag is another zip pocket and inside the zipper pocket are credit card pockets where the cards stand vertical for easier access, a slip pocket with a flap tab that opens to hold a passport or whatever you have that will fit inside it, like a small camera. This is the perfect little bag to take while traveling when you don't want to carry a lot. It also can be worn as a waist bag. Just unclip the clips and adjust the strap and clip the clips together around you waist. Check out Lisa's Blog blog to see how that is worn.

Also, check out the tester's versions here. Zip & Clip Cross Body Bag pdf and paper pattern is on sale for 25% off today through Sunday March 27 (midnight CDT) and no code is needed, so grab yours today. Shop here.


The instructions call for using 2 magnetic snaps, but I chose to use one snap and it works fine for me on this bag.

I used a Kam snap instead of Velcro for the tab.

The pocket with the tab flap holds a Passport, a smallish camera or a phone, etc.

Hard to photograph inside a small bag like this.

Since the flap had a lot of white on it, I added Liquid Vinyl to make it waterproof and stain proof. It's a great product by Heat 'n Bond.


The bag back side.


The side view.

Both a slip and a zippered pocket are just under the flap. Great for your phone or keys.

The zipper pocket with the slip pocket with a tab flap across from it.

Unzip the pocket and safely tucked away are 6 credit card pockets. You can keep your cash and coins in the pockets too and zip it closed for security.

For a limited time only this pdf or paper pattern is on sale 25% off at Around the Bobbin, so grab your copy while it's on sale. Sale ends midnight March 27 CDT.


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I adore this fabric I also have some, its so fun and just perfect for your camera bag. Great job and very functional.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was talented enough to make myself one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...