Monday, February 7, 2022

Love Purse for Sew Powerful Purse Project (purse #31 for 2022)

On the Sew Powerful Purse Project Facebook group, they have monthly challenges for fun. This month's challenge was Hearts. You could do a machine or hand  embroidered heart, use a heart fabric print, piece or appliqué a heart. I chose to use this Love die cut from Crafter's Edge. The Love word was too large to fit horizontally across the flap, so I angled it and I think it looks even better at an angle. I added a bit of lace, buttons and a trim on top of the lace. I wanted you to see the flap flat before it was sewn into the purse. Once sewn into the purse the top of the flap is on the back of the purse.

I used a variegated thread to blanket stitch the word love and the little cutout heart from the "O". I upcycled some denim jeans for flap and the rest of the purse. 

This is my first time sewing the intermediate purse that has a side gusset/bottom instead of boxing the corners (the beginner style). The intermediate purse has 2 choices of flaps, both that have pockets on the flap, but you can also mix and match with the beginner style, so I chose to use the plain beginner style flap. I prefer the beginner flap becuase I can get more creative making the flap, which is the part I love best. I think this will be my new way to make this purse from now on. I love the intermediate with the gusset much better than the boxed corners! I can't believe it has taken me more than a year to try one. Well of course last year I cut out kits of over 130 beginner style purses, so had to work my way through those first. I still have 24 of the beginner style left to sew, but wanted to participate in this challenge first, so I made this one.

Flap before it is sewn into the purse, so you can see the whole flap.

Completed purse with gusset made out of denim from jeans.

Love die cut, lace, trim and buttons for embellishments. I even topstitched the gusset on both sides in the red thread.

The front of the purse has a large slip pocket.

On the back of the purse I added a heart pocket.

I used the Crossover II Die Cut Machine and the Love die cut both from Crafter's Edge to create this purse flap.










Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I didn't think they could get any cuter, Daryl! And I love that it was made from recycled jeans! Those tiny buttons really set off the lace. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...