Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Felt Hanging Hearts

Here is a sweet little project I made for Valentine's Day. I used the Crafter's Edge Crossover II Die Cut Machine and Nesting Hearts die cuts and Whimsical Hearts die cuts together. I attached it to a black metal doll clothes hanger to hang it on my wall.

I just love using the die cut machine to cut felt (both wool felt and acrylic felt) as it cuts so easily and perfectly. I grabbed some felt colors and cut out a few hearts from both die cut hearts and then I played around to see how some hearts would look stacked on top of other hearts. I even used the tiny heart die cuts that come with the Gingerbread and Santa/Snowman die cuts.

Once I got the look that I liked, I added a smear of Elmer's Purple Glue stick to hold the felt in place and then I used a 2-ply strand from a 6-ply embroidery floss and stitched a blanket stitches and French knots mostly. To make the hearts pop more, I stitched with a contrasting thread color. I added some hot fix crystals for a bit more bling. I used a permanent glue to glue felt hearts to the back off all the hearts to cover up the stitching on the backside.
 
I attached the hanging hearts to a wire doll clothes hanger to hang it.

I added some crystals for bling. Blanket stitches, French knots
 and a few more. The tiny hearts were a die cut from both the Gingerbread House die cut and the Santa/Snowman die cut.


Some seed stitches here.


Nested Hearts die cuts I used to cut out the felt hearts.

Whimsical Hearts die cuts were used too.

Crafter's Edge Crossover II Die Cut Machine.
 This machine makes life so easy to cut out shapes fast and perfect. Thanks Crafter's Edge!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Really love the whimsical hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun, love the combination of felt, embroidery, beads and the hanger. The shapes are perfect I can see the advantage of having a machine to make those cuts. Great job as always.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...