Monday, August 16, 2021

Podlets & Orange You Glad Blog Hop

Thanks to Carla (of Creatin' in the Sticks) for hosting this blog hop. This is all about Orange, the color or the fruit or something that inspires you.


I thought about what to make for this blog hop for a long time. In the meanwhile, I got orders to make the water bottle slings that I shared with you on the last blog hop, It's a Guy Thing. I need to make 5 water bottle slings for 2 customers. But I still hadn't made or even decided on my Orange project yet. I didn't want to bail out, so I just happened to find the perfect project and the timing was perfect too.  Along came this fast and easy project: Podlets.

Spencer Ogg designed these Podlets to be fast and easy and I can assure you that they are just that. Take a couple pieces of fabric, interface them, fold, press, snip, press, clip, sew, press and turn them and topstitch and you just made a little fabric basket or Podlet all in about 10-15 minutes or less. And the cool part is they fold flat so you can store them when not in use.

These Podlets can hold sorts of items, depending on the size you make. Spencer Ogg has a pdf with a few sizes you can try, but she encourages you to come up with your own sizes too. The instructions are on her video and the pdf is on her Facebook page. She shows how to make the large size on her video and gives you the cut sizes, so even if you aren't on Facebook, you can follow the video and make her larger size. The instructions for all sizes are the same, except for the cut size fabrics differ for each size and the measurement that folds up on the lining may be different for different sizes.

I made a couple of the square Podlets in a fabric that is oranges of course. I used a yellow lining for both. I chose this size based on the width I had of the oranges fabric. 

Fabric basket in oranges fabric print
2 Podlet fabric baskets with oranges fabric on the exterior and a pale yellow lining. 

Fabric basket in oranges fabric print filled with plastic sewing clips
Here is a Podlet filled with plastic sewing clips. You can use these to hold so many fun and useful things.

Fabric basket in oranges fabric print filled with plastic sewing clips
Such yummy looking oranges fabric.

Fabric baskets in oranges fabric print: one is folded flat and the other one has plastic clips for sewing inside
One Podlet is filled with plastic sewing clips and the other is folded flat. You can store a lot of Podlets when they are stored flat. Bonus: folding them flat makes it so much easier to mail, especially in a plastic envelope. Think gifts!

Fabric baskets in oranges fabric print that are reversible. One shown with lining yellow fabric on the outside
Another BONUS is they are completely reversible! If you use 2 really pretty colors, you can reverse as the mood strikes. I think the oranges fabric makes a better exterior on mine, since I chose a pale yellow for the lining. (These aren't really suitable for directional fabrics though, so keep that in mind.)

Fabric baskets in oranges fabric print, one shown bottom side up.
The basket on the right is shown upside down with the bottom showing on the top. See those folded slits on the sides? That is what makes the basket fold flat.

Fabric baskets in oranges fabric print. One shown on its side.
The basket on the right if you peek inside shows the triangles that form on the lining side (again this is what makes the basket fold flat).

Fabric baskets in oranges fabric print with one basket placed over the other basket acting as a lid.
Just for fun I wondered if one basket could fit on top of the other like a lid and it does! So it you needed a lid for your basket, just make 2 baskets like I did.

So there you have it. My fast, easy, useful & fun Podlet project (in orange of course). I hope you will try and make some for yourself. I would love to see them if you do. 

And if you are reading this on my posted day of August 17th, today just happens to be Mr. P and my anniversary (41 years married!). We never do anything special, so it's just a normal day for us.

See what these other creative bloggers are up to their oranges with:


Pin It Now!

28 comments:

  1. Pretty and practical. I could just reach in and grab one of those juicy oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! secondly I love your orange baskets they make me smile and hungry at the same time.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love your podlets and just may need to make a few of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podlets - what a cute name. On top of that, your podlets are adorable and I loved that you used that special fabric, orange and oranges. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy anniversary to you and Mr. P, Daryl! I love your little podlets. I could just smell the oranges on that awesome fabric!! What a great idea for any size basket you might need and being able to fold flat for storage is a great bonus. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! Your podlets are beautiful and so useful for all that loose stuff we all have in our houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing, I’m going to check those out for some gifts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!!!! Have the best day ever. Love your little pod baskets. They are super handy in the way they fold up for storage. Thank you for sharing your orange in the hop. Those baskets are super cute in that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy little podlets. I could easily grab one at once. And so useful. I'd better make myself one. Happy anniversary! Make your day a "little" special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary! Your podlets are sew cute and handy too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great little basket pattern. I like how they can fold flat when not in use. And also as a lid for one another. Quite clever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh...these are just the cutest. I had to watch the video already and join the facebook group. Thanks for sharing this fun little project with us. I see podlets in my future! LOL!! Yes, my crystal ball is "orange" today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Forty-one years is quite an accomplishment these days. Those podlets are adorable and the fabrics you picked are really yummy looking. Great idea for a gift...thanks, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are fantastci!! and thanks for the link - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversary!!! Your "podlets" are adorable--word and shape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun project! I love these. I am always looking for fun small gifts to give in my quilty swaps and these would do really well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Sept 10 my husband and I will be 37 years. I love your baskets. Wonderful size. thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute and useful baskets. That oranges print fabric is perfect for the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute containers, and I love that orange fabric! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats and felicitations on your special day! (Did you do anything special last year?)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary! We are 31 years tomorrow, so not quite as long as you and Mr. P, but still a long time. Love your little boxes. So cute and so handy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your podlets! So practical! So pretty! Thanks for sharing! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary, so glad you choose to celebrate it with us. Love the podlets. The fabric is perfect for this hop. This week I was gifted with a tub full of Christmas scraps that I had no idea what to do with. I see me experimenting with Podlets over the next couple of days. Thanks for sharing all the little tid bits regarding its construction.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look great and would be very handy to have as well

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are so cute! Love the fabric you chose also.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing! I love using little baskets for storage and display.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cute little 'orange' baskets sure make me smile - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute and oh so handy! Perfect use of the oranges fabric for this hop! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...