Monday, December 24, 2018

Three Knitting Notions Bags

To all my readers, friends, family (and lurkers too, lol) I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a Joyful New Year! I will continue to blog as I enter into my eleventh year in 2019 of blogging. I hope you will all visit me from time-to-time to see what I have created and what is new here at Patchouli Moon Studio.

I have plans to join in at least one blog hop in February, which is a good way to get me motivated to create and finish a project. If other blog hops interest me, I might join in a few more. Thank you all who visit my little blog and I hope I have inspired you at least a little over these past 10+ years of blogging. I know those of you who have blogs that I follow have certainly inspired me!

On to the bags~

I have made several of these zippered Tool or Notions Bags and every time I make them they sell quickly. These do take a bit of time to make, so this time I thought I would make 3 at time. They all have the same knitting motif fabric on the outside, but each bag has a different accent color outside and inside I like to use a variety of fabrics for the pockets. One reason is that once you use the bag, you are more apt to remember what you put inside the pocket if it is a different fabric from the other fabrics.


I love this colorful knitting motif fabric. It's called Knitty Kitty by Benartex, apparently from a line of fabric that has cats on it and this must be a coordinating fabric. I usually don't buy much in recent fabric and this one is a line of fabric that must be gone or nearly gone as I had a hard time finding any of it. A friend had made a knitting bag with this fabric that she got on closeout and bought the rest. So I searched online and finally found some about a month ago. I don't remember where I got it, but it was a shop in Alaska! I got a little of the gray/black color way too.

Inside each bag are 3 zippered pockets (with my handmade zipper pulls) and in between the zippered pocket are more pockets to put things. These make great bags for knitting tools, which is why I used the knitting theme fabric. But you can use them to hold sewing notions, first aid supplies, pencils, beading, etc... inside them too.





These will be either going to the yarn shop early next year (2019) or I will add one or more to my Etsy Shop when I get the chance to add them. But with Christmas tomorrow, there is no need to list them on Etsy now.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Have a very Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these bags are wonderful and they way i use mine these days is for embroidery, i like being able to separate out my threads and notions. of course you can use the bags for so many different projects, the zippers and pouches are so accessible. the colors and fabric are fun to look at. thank you for continuing to blog, i love your blog so much and you have exposed me to so many other great blogs as well. Great job keep up the good work.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thee bags are awesome! I have only made one so far. Can I ask how much you do sell them for? I thought it was a bit of work, but I loved the end result.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...