Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tip of the Morning Tuesday~ Spray Mist Bottle

I cannot take credit for tip because a woman in my quilting group shared this tip. She uses a spray mister that hair dressers use for misting fabric for ironing. The mist is much nicer than a regular spray bottle and no more dribbles! She bought her mist bottle at a beauty supply store. I was going to stop by a local beauty supply store, but I was tired and went home. Then I looked on Amazon to read some reviews and I bought Flairosol on Amazon, because it had really good reviews. (I am not an affiliate).

I filled my bottle with a homemade starch solution of Vodka and water. Because I have chemical sensitives, I cannot use regular spray starch! This bottle works great! Love the mist it puts out and it fits nicely in my hand too.

I never put water in my irons anymore. They usually end up dripping and staining fabric and clothes (that's why I stopped using water in irons)! Plus so many times I need a dry iron to iron fusible web, etc.

Here is a recipe (there are a lot of similar ones online) from the Patchwork Posse. It is similar to the Best Press solution.

I may buy another mist bottle for my hair too!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daryl,
    The little thumbnail on Connie's website made the bottle look a bit like the neck of a duck. I just had to pop over to see what this was all about. I have never heard of a vodka version of starch! You learn something every darn day. Thanks for the tip and the mister recommendation. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vodka in your spray bottle...I've never heard of this. I'll have to check this out along with that mister. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to try this one. I also do not put water in the iron anymore - I have stained light color fabrics a few too many times. Now Vodka and water... never heard of it. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for re-sharing this tip. I've been looking for a good mister. And you are so right about the iron's problem with leaking or messing up fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...