Thursday, October 19, 2017

16 Clematis Wristlets plus 2 Smaller Zippered Pouches

I made 16 Clematis Wristlets, a free pattern by Blue Calla Designs; plus 2 smaller zippered pouches too. I am going to do only one craft show in November and I hope to sell these there. Whatever doesn't sell there will go to a gift shop. If you see something here you would like to buy please email me asap before it gets sold.

I loved putting together the fabrics for all these bags. A lot of the fabrics I used came from my scrap bags too. Some I only had enough to make the bottom of the bag and maybe the wrist strap too. It was fun coordinating the fabric colors and seeing how much I could use up from my scraps. But of course if I cut larger fabric for linings, there begins the leftovers of those that were added to the scrap bags and so on and on it goes, never ending scraps! Well I do love using the scraps first.

Clematis #1 is a Route 66 fabric print of road signs and gas station signs (remember when they were called service stations?)

Clematis #1 with yellow zipper and red accent fabric. This one has sold!

Inside Clematis #1.

Clematis #1 again with a smaller non- Clematis bag. I only had a bit of the fabric left, so I made a smaller Route 66 sign fabric bag.

Clematis #2 inside

Clematis #2 is denim with a cowboy boot and hat fabric. This one has sold!

Look I even had a cowboy boot charm to add to the zipper pull.

Clematis #2

Clematis #3 is a hot air balloon fabric print.

Inside Clematis #3

Clematis #4 is a blue print with a lighter blue denim bottom.

This is the back of Clematis #4, since the print looks a bit different on the back side I thought I would show it too.

Clematis #4 inside.

Another small non- Clematis zippered pouch. This one has already sold!

Clematis #5 is a building night scene fabric that has glitter in the fabric. Blue zipper and red accents.

Inside Clematis #5.

Clematis #6 pinks and greens with a yellow zipper.

Inside Clematis #6 is a 30's yellow print fabric.

Clematis #7 & #8

Clematis #7 has blue accents with a green zipper.

Clematis #8 has red accents with a black zipper.

Clematis #7 inside.

Clematis #8 inside.

Clematis #9 is a red bandanna fabric with denim bottom.

Inside Clematis #9

Clematis #10 is a paisley print with a blue bottom and light blue zipper.

Clematis #10 inside.

Clematis #11 has the same paisley print as the above bag, but is on the bottom of this one. Red zipper and blue print top fabric.

Clematis #11 inside.

Clematis #12 is a pink and brown top print and a brown accent with a brown zipper. This one has sold!

Inside Clematis #12 is a light brown print.

Clematis #13 is stripes and dots. Coordinating fabrics.

Inside Clematis #13

Clematis #14 has a purse print fabric with the stripe print accent. The wrist strap was a coordinating fabric in a paisley, but I only had enough of that to make the strap and the inside pocket below.

Clematis #14 inside with the paisley print pocket.

Clematis # 15 is another paisley in pinks and blues with a blue bottom and pink strap.

Inside Clematis #15 blue gingham print and pink polka dot pocket.

Clematis #16 is a print of greens and blues with touches of yellow and red. The print if you look closely is 4 cats around the flower. Red zipper.
Inside Clematis #16 is a gold print and the exterior print pocket.



Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. I bow to your Clematis-ness, wooooohoooooooooo - those bags are GREAT! I love the fabric combos and the zipper pulls and the (leather?) tags - you put such care and thought into your bags! Your hardware is really elegant too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try the clematis next. I just finished 8 lipsense zippered bags with no time to blog to enter them in bag it. Might have to IG those.
    I also might have to go the 'set a timer for 45 minutes so I will sew' method of craziness.
    Sandra (sandra sews) and Lisa (IG) guilted me into sorting my scraps which allowed me to whip out four clothesline bowls for gifts.
    I also sewed some scrappy qayg panels for zippered bags but stalled due to design issues. 1. Make essential oil bags. 2. Just make a darn zippy bag. 3. Use them as a panel for a tote bag. 4. Not enough mental energy time.
    Congrats on making 16 different clematis's. Goid luck on your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed looking at these - you've been busy! I have a question about how you organize your extensive fabric stash. Do you have them categorized like in a library (since you have library experience) so that you can see them all in a glance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. those wristlets are adorable, they really show off the fabrics and they are so practical. I know these will sell if I could I would buy all of them.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just wonderful - great fabric choices. Thanks for linking up to the Elm Street Quilts Bag It event.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...