Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Snazzy Slouch Bag

I made the Snazzy Slouch Bag, a pattern by ChrisW Designs, at the end of September. I sewed decorative machine stitches, yarn and buttons to the outside pockets on the front and the back. There are 4 outside slip pockets. The embroidered pockets got so thick for this bag that I had a hard time sewing through the layers when putting it all together. I will only do decorative stitches on certain style bags that I know won't get this thick. (A lesson learned).
Here is one side view.
Here is the other side view.



I opted not to make the inside divider pocket that is a zippered pocket that divides the inside of the bag in half. I just added some slip pockets inside.
This is the other side.
Bottom of bag.
  Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice bag, Daryl. The decorative stitches make it fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Daryl. You have truly found your unique style and it is magical. I love the combination of fabrics and decorative stitches. My very favorite touch is the little buttons in the scallop stitching. Happy Thanksgiving Dear...

      Delete
  2. Sweet bag! I ought to make myself experiment more with decorative stitches. I NEVER do that, but your results are fantastic. I've found you through the Sew Many Ways linky party. Mine is the black thumbnail (grrrr) #29. I promise it looks adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I f found you through a slinky party also. I absolutely love this bag and your decorative stitches, buttons, etc. I swore no new blogs, but I had to add you to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag turned out really pretty. Mixing the machine embroidery with hand embroidery gives it a lot of interest.

    Thanks for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...