Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Drawstring Bags

I wanted to use up some novelty fabrics that I had, so I decided to make a dozen lined drawstring bags. These bags are a nice size, easy to sew, and make great gift bags to put a gift inside the bag. They can be used by children and adults alike. The drawstring bags are easier for a child to open and close than a zippered bag too. You can sew your own fabric drawstrings or use ribbon. I chose to use ribbon because I needed to use up some ribbon that I already had. There is a wonderful tutorial for making these bags from Jeni of In Color Order. I used up several fabrics in my stash and some ribbon too making these bags.
The accent fabric at the top is a royal purple, but photographed more blue.
A pink fabric accent color on this bag.
I made 2 like this with the pirate fabrics.

I made 4 bags using this fabric, but each has a different accent fabric.

4 bags in the same fabric, 3 different accent fabrics.
4 bags in the same fabric, with 4 different accent fabrics.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Daryl
    I love your gorgeous gift bags. You must have the most amazing collection of fabrics. I really love the pirate ones.
    Michelle :)
    http://stitchunpickrepeat.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, love your fabrics. I have made those same bags, and they do go together nicely. I put a heavy interfacing in the lower part of the sides so the bags would stand up. I use my bags for knitting projects while I am working on them. I don't really want to say how many of them have projects in them at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Daryl. If someone receives a gift in one of them, they get two gifts in one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all gorgeous and with so much blue around I wouldn't be able to choose a favourite one. Another project to add to my list. Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet little bags Daryl!! I have some fabrics that would be cute used this way too! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Daryl, these are lovely and I like the variation of the fabrics for children to adult, Lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these bags, yours look very fun, pretty and of course useful. I went to the website for the tutorial and it was really well done. it makes me so happy when someone takes the time to make a really good pattern or tutorial and posts it. great job.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bags in the two last pictures. So pretty! I followed your link to read the tutorial... very nice. I will certainly try it sometime. Thank you, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...