|Yarn scarf with a variety of yarns.|
Measure each yarn length about 80-inches and cut. (This measurement is a starting point, you can cut your lengths of yarn shorter or longer as you desire) Stack the yarn on top of the next one. Use as many strands of yarn as desired and as many colors as you want to. Once you have a good amount of yarn knot the bunch of yarn in the middle and that's it! You can trim the ends to even them up a bit if you want to.
To wear the scarf you fold it in half, the knot and loop will be at one end, wrap around your neck pulling the fringe ends through the loop. Adjust on your neck as desired.
Hints and other tips:
- Use a variety of colors and textures
- Try using just one color family such as blue and gather a variety of textures and shades in the blue family
- You can make more knots, as desired, throughout the scarf besides just the middle knot. If you decide to make more knots, then be sure to cut your yarn longer
- Don't knit or crochet? Don't have a yarn stash that you can pull several yarns from? Why not get together with family or friends and each of you can buy a skein or 2 of yarn to share and then make the scarves together as a group
- Ask some of your knitting or crocheting friends for some leftover yarn if you don't have any yarn
- Buy all the various yarns that you want to use and make several yarn scarves until you run out of yarn
Pin It Now!