Sunday, July 19, 2026

Garter Stitch baby Blanket

I knit this baby blanket using 3 different yarn colors: a solid pink, a solid blueish gray & a variegated colored yarn, alternating a color per row. It sure looks nicer than all one color. I donated this blanket to UNM Hospital for a baby. I am currently knitting another one exactly the same as this one. The yarn is acrylic and I plan on making as many baby blankets as I can using these yarns, but I may have to add another color or 2 with blanket number 3 when I finish with this one. Trying to use up the acrylic yarns that already I have. May make some baby quilts when the yarn is all knit up.




Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I like the striped look you achieved in this blanket, by alternating the yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great baby blanket. I never would have thought to switch yarn every row. I'm making striped hats and switch every other row which definitely makes it striped. I like the subtle changing colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful blanket, Daryl! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great way to use up scraps for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its always fun to have an easy project to carry around, you are so good at donations of all that you do

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...