Friday, July 17, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #216-221 for 2026

Six more purses to donate to Sew Powerful Purse Project.

My friend Tara donated some fabric to me recently and I made these purses using some of the fabric she gave me. I added a starfish appliqué to each flap. The whale & dolphin fabric I used for the purses bodies and I made the straps using the fabric too. 

I used an Asian fabric for the bodies and one strap and scraps for the flap, along with other fabric scraps I had.

Tara had some pieces of sewn strips in the fabrics she gave to me, so I made a couple of flaps. I added some vertical strips to the sides of the flap on the right. I added some decorative stitching, yarn couching, rickrack and buttons for added interest. Thanks Tara for the fabric! I have some more purses to finish from other fabrics she gave to me.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. very free form and fun, someone will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing, no need to credit me you do all the work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...