Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Sew Powerful Purses #200-204 for 2026

5 more purses to donate to Sew Powerful Purse Project. I completed over 200 purses now and I have cut out probably another 200+ purse kits to sew for the rest of the year. The September Sew-a-thon and Fundraiser are coming up in September, so I will be ready to sew those kits I have waiting then. The Fundraiser part starts in August-September and the sewing part is in September only. I wonder how many purses I can complete in the month of September this year? Last year I was one of the top ten purses makers, completing 160 purses for the month of September. Can I top last year's number? I hope so.

 I pained the background using a stencil and fabric paint and quilted the flap too. I fussy cut the dress form from a piece of fabric and appliquéd it in place. I had a gold plastic sewing needle and pair of scissors that I stitched on by hand for added bling.

Another X-Block quilt block with added fabrics around it to make it large enough for the flap. I shared one of these recently and this is another one I had made into a flap.

I don't recall where I got this fabric, but thought it was perfect for a flap. I had to cut the height of the fabric down a few inches. The fabric showed their entire skirts, making it too tall to use for the flap. 

I used a quilt block I had and a 4-patch quilt block I had and sewed scraps around to create these two flaps. 

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration. Thank you for showing all these purses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you pay attention to details, the little scissors is very cleaver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and cute colors and patterns! Your little purses are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...