Saturday, September 23, 2023

Sew Powerful Purses #122-136 for 2023

Still plugging away at finishing purses for the 2023 Sew-a-thon (SAT) for Sew Powerful.  Here are 15 more purses I finished during the SAT, bringing my SAT total to 89 purses, so far. I finished another 9 purses today and am still sewing more. I have until September 30th to add up my total sewn for this month.

Here are the 15 purses I finished recently:

2 with African women fabric prints.

Different lining fabrics.

A couple of zebras that I appliquéd to the flaps and I used 2 different fabrics for
 the exterior body.

Inside of the zebra purses.

Sailboat print for this one.

Appliqué elephant on flap.

Another appliqué zebra on blue fabric.

I created a scrappy denim flap using lots of denim upcycled from jeans. That embroidered piece was already on the denim. I added a bird and a cat button and 3 crystals too. Sewn raw edge style and quilted.

The back side shows where a pocket once was. I added a couple of crystal
s where there was a tiny hole.

2 more scrappy upcycled denim jean flaps. The one on the right was raw edge and heavily quilted. I added buttons and couched yarn too. Very shabby chic. 

Back side has the front pocket jean sewn here.

2 purses with flaps that are from a fabric of printed scrappy patchwork that looks like denim and lace and crystal that is all printed on the fabric.

These 3 purse flaps also look a bit like denim that was printed with words and other designs and crystals. I did add a few real crystals on top of the printed crystals.

Close up of the real crystals I added. Can you see them? Looks so much better when the sun makes the crystals sparkle and shine. The girls will love the extra crystal bling!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. You are really getting creative with these purses, I would think you'd be about out of fabric by now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, you are so creative with these purses, and so wonderful to share your talent with those in need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...