Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sew Powerful Purses #71-76 (2023)

6 more purses completed during the September Sew-a-thon (SAT). 

The print on the flap was donated to me awhile ago. I made several purses using the same print along with my own scraps. The piece I was given was a border print, so I just cut it into various shapes and scrappy pieced around the shapes. But I had a couple that I wanted to cut into a circle to appliqué onto the flap instead. Using rickrack around the circles added a bit of pop. I also added lots of French knots around the circle on the left. And a few crystals at the top.

The flap lining was also donated to me by the same woman and it is an African print fabric.

These 2 are die cuts from Crafter's Edge. The bird is one of a series of bird die cuts designed by Sue Spargo, who is known for here folksy bird appliqué. Sue usually works with wool.

Tiny buttons to embellish the wing and a crystal eye.

I used a dark crystal eye and a crystal at the tip of the unicorn's horn.

A selvage flap and scrappy brown flap.

Denim body for the selvage flap purse that was made from upcycling denim jeans. A pretty brown print that I had just enough to make the body of the brown purse.

Back pockets! I added the front jean pocket to the back and added a slip pocket on the brown purse.


Won't you please donate any amount to Sew Powerful during their September Fundraiser & Sew-a-thon? It takes $10 to fill a purse with the hygiene items that are reusable. This keeps a girl in school all month and the seamstresses there are employed by Sew Powerful, so they can earn a good wage for making the needed items for the girls. It's a win-win for all. 

Please go to Sew Powerful and click on the Donate Now Button and then use my participation number: 77640 when you make your donation. Every dollar adds up, so whatever amount you can give is much appreciated by me, Sew Powerful & of course the girls who will benefit from your donation. 

Please feel free to pass this info along to your family, friends, church members, etc. so they can donate too. As you can see, I am very passionate about helping these girls who live in extreme poverty in Zambia. Yes, there are prizes from sponsors, but the real prize for me is changing a young girl's life and giving her hope for her future. Thank you so much!!!!

Hugs,

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...