Monday, December 26, 2022

Simply Charming Twister Tote

Hello Bag Lovers & Twister Quilt aficionados. Now that Christmas is over I can share a custom bag order that I made using the Lil' Twister Tool from Around the Bobbin and the Simply Charming Twister Tote pattern that is also from Around the Bobbin too.

A good repeat customer who loves my work (it's so nice to hear that from people who buy bags from me, especially when they buy more than once) asked me to make this tote for her daughter for Christmas and told me to choose any color. I love to choose fabric colors and I chose to use a variety of batik fabrics to make this bag. 

I added the hardware D-rings and rivets and purse feet too that were not part of the pattern. I also quilted the entire bag instead of just the Twister part. I think it looks better that way. I love how it turned out!

Front of the bag.

The back of the bag has a few different batik colors of the Twister Pinwheels.

Variegated colored thread for the quilting.

Has to have a Handmade label. Limited Edition is right! It is limited to just this one bag as I won't repeat it in the same fabrics ever again. One of a kind bag for sure!

Side view to show the depth of the bag.

The bottom of the bag with 6 purse feet.

Interior of tote
The tote closes with a magnetic snap closure and the tote can open really wide.

Interior of tote showing zipper pocket
I added a zipper pocket inside too.

Interior of tote showing the slip pockets
I added a large slip pocket that I divided in half with a narrow pen pocket at each end.

I love Twister blocks! They make for great bags and quilts. Linda, I hope your daughter loved this tote!


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Annie (Annie’s musings)Monday, December 26, 2022

    It would be impossible not to love this tote. It looks so great. You sew beautifully, Daryl, so I’m not surprised you have repeat customers. The twister design is so fun to create with. I’m working on a twister project myself. I had a single charm pack to use. Now I’m working on inspiration where to go from here with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all I love those twister blocks, what a great idea to incorporate them into a bag. love the new tag because it is an original and one of a kind. great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful tote, Daryl! I love the twister blocks in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...