Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Project Bag with Clear Vinyl Window (Extra Large)

I made an extra large Project Bag with a clear vinyl window for a friend. She makes a lot of Project Linus Quilts to donate and I thought she could use an extra large bag to carry her latest project in and be able to see what's inside by having a clear window on the front. I also used 3 UFO blocks that I made a very long time ago. The 2 blocks on the back of the bag were from a Mystery BOM & Swap from Dream Worthy Quilts, called Quilter's Garden. It was a sewing garden theme. We swapped one block each month w someone assigned to us. So I have those blocks to use as well (just might make myself an extra large bag like this too). The bag measures approximately 20" W x 22" H.

I combined ideas from other project bags I have made in the past to create this one. I had to add a couple of strips at the top as I guess I didn't calculate the height exactly, but I had to sew strips and blocks anyhow to create the back quilted piece.

I added her name on the bottom using Crafter's Edge Alphabet die cuts. I also added a couple of butterflies using Crafter's Edge Butterfly die cuts too. The quilt block on the inside is something I painted years and years ago. I had made small quilts to give as gifts as I painted several of those. The image was from a copyright-free book I had.

On the back of the bag, I used a Rotaries in Bloom block , which is a Dresden Flower with a rotary cutter "stem" and an iron block. These blocks were so fun to make and I have used them in making a sewing machine cover too. As you can see, I quilted the back in a grid.

Rotary in Bloom Dresden Flower block.

I used Crafter's Edge Alphabet die cuts for create the name and the butterflies too.

The iron block.

A zipper pull I made.


Julie said she loved the bag, so that made me happy. I am sure she will load it up with her Project Linus quilts when she comes to our PL group to sew.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. That’s definitely a great size project bag for quilts. Julie should gets lots of use of it. I love your lining fabric choice. Great for a quick reference to yardage. All the blocks are great and this bag is a perfect home for those blocks.
    Annie (Annie’s musings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great sized bag, Daryl. The personalization makes it very special. I love all the blocks you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done Daryl! What a great home for the orphan blocks and the name is such a personal touch.

    Happy Holidays,
    LuAnn in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing, that's why homemade is always better and especially from you! this is so thoughtful and fun, she will enjoy taking it with her and its perfect for her sewing projects. great job as always you are so generous and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...