Monday, December 19, 2022

Scrappy Dogs Quilt

Hello Dog Lovers everywhere. I made this quilt after seeing a photo of it at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. My friend who lives in the area took lots of photos of the quilt show to share and I loved how cute the dog quilt looked. I wasn't sure if there was a pattern for this, so I just drew a dog on paper and used scraps of my fabrics to create the dogs, background and borders. It just looked like a great scrap buster quilt to me. 

Later I did several searches online and I finally found there is a pattern called, Mod Dogs by Linda Sullivan. So if you want to make a Mod Dog quilt, you can search for it online. 

This quilt I made is approximately 21" wide x 59.5" long. Don't ask me why I made it so long and narrow. I guess I just kept going without thinking about what I was going to do with this quilt. It would look good on a narrow wall, I suppose.

Mod Dog Quilt
I tend to make changes in quilts I make, even if I do follow a pattern.
 I used squares for the background and scraps in the border on the sides only as the quilt was rather long already. 

I used a variety of scrap widths in each color family that I chose to make the dogs out of. I think the pattern is one width only. I prefer a variety of widths to add more interest and use up more scraps!

I machine blanket stitched around the dogs and used buttons for the eyes, (or eye of each dog).





This was a fun quilt to make and I might add a dog or 2 on top of other quilts that I make to donate to Project Linus. This quilt is too narrow to donate to PL. I wasn't thinking about the final size I wanted the quilt to be, I just wanted to try making it and using up my never-ending pile of scraps, which of course you can never ever use them all up no matter how large a quilt you make, lol!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. These colorful dogs are so cute! As a wall hanging it would be great for a child’s room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was from me, Annie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...