Saturday, June 18, 2022

Sew Powerful Purses #85-94 (made for 2022)

Hello sweet people. I have now made 95 purses this year for Sew Powerful! Woohoo! The year isn't quite half over, so I can make a lot more before the end of year. Hmm, I wonder how many more I will get made? Your guess is as good as mine.

Here are the latest ten purses that I finished making:

This was an upholstery or home dec type fabric. Since it was very light colored and apt to get dirty, I sprayed it with Scotch Guard to help keep it clean. I love the delicate flowers on this print. It was just a scrap and I had enough to create these 2 purses. I rarely make a plain fabric flap, as I prefer to get creative and use up those never ending piles of scraps, but this fabric for the purse was too elegant looking and I wanted it to show. It would be so pretty to wear to a wedding.


The flap lining fabric I used is another floral print and I was able to line some of the pockets with this print too, but the main lining of the bag is a different print.

These two are scraps pieced flaps and both have the same plaid main body fabric.


Inside I used this fabric for the lining on both.

I had enough plaid to add a back pocket. Sometimes I don't have enough fabric, so I don't add the back pocket. But I love adding it as I can use up more fabric that way.

Another scrappy flap and blue plaid main body.

The body of this blue plaid is slightly different from the purse above. 


This scrappy flap was created using mostly scraps of denim that I upcycled from denim jeans. I also added decorative stitches using one of my sewing machines. The hearts, the triangles, and next to the butterfly is a spool of thread, the words, handmade and stitch and some straight stitching in yellow thread too.


I also used this stitch decorative stitch and added a crystal for the dot above the "i". I also stitched the straight line using the same yellow thread below.

I used this decorative stitch from one of my sewing machines that says handmade. I should use more of my decorative stitches, but they only show up on solid fabrics and I use so many prints. 

Scrappy flap with a gingham main body.


I added some crystals around the flower I stitched on. The flower is actually trim by the yard, but I cut the flowers apart and then stitch them by hand to flaps when I want to use them. I get more bang for the buck that way.


All denim scraps were used from denim jeans in different shades of blue. Then it need a pop of color, so a large appliqué flower was just the thing.


I had a scrap a this Hawaiian fabric that I used for the main body and then when I created the flap, I added scraps of fabrics that just went with the colors in the Hawaiian print. A few buttons add just the right amount of bling.


I used a light print for the flap lining and inside the pockets. The main lining is the tan print with the small black dots that I also sewed into the scrappy flap.

A pocket was added to the back.

I thought I had posted these last week, but apparently I didn't post here, but did on social media, in case you saw them there.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. the upholstery fabric worked out well, love the flowers. great job as always. the Hawaian fabric is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the addition of the decorative stitches! Really adds a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right; those first two purses are pretty enough for wedding season. But they are all very striking and I commend you for continually finding ways to make these different.

    I've just done a quick scroll through through all of your Sew Powerful Purse posts and have noticed that you've gone mostly to straps made out of webbing. I assume it's a time and fabric saving move, but you still occasionally use fabric. What's the deciding factor?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...