Monday, November 1, 2021

Fox Applique Wall Quilt

Today is my grandson's birthday and since he loves foxes, I thought I would share my fox quilted wall hanging today. I didn't give this to him because he would probably think it was too babyish (he is 14 today after all), so I hung it in my sewing room for now. (*Update: I sold this wall hanging)

I used the Crafter's Edge cute fox die cut, the square die cut and the half square triangle die cut to create this cute fox wall quilt.

I made the fox using felt. I placed the fox onto a batik square background set on point. I added brown batik half square triangles in the 4 corners and strips of brown batik border around it. Then used a dark brown binding. I also added some natural rickrack too. I hand blanket stitched the fox and hand quilted it, using a thick yarn-like thread.



This cute fox is hanging on the wall in my sewing room and makes me smile to look at him.

These are the Crafter's Edge dies I used to create this wall quilt, along with the Crossover II Die Cut Machine.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. this is so adorable, its perfect for any age in my opinion but I could see why a 14 year old boy might object. your color choice is perfect. I like how you blend felt and cotton fabric it really works well. great job as always. every time I see a picture of a cute fox I always think of that song and wonder, "what does the fox say?"
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute!! One of my grandsons loves fox too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...