Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Sew Powerful Purses~ #30-34

I finished 4 more Sew Powerful Purses. I used up  some miscellaneous quilt blocks that I have had for years for making the flaps. I made my daughter a twin sized quilt a long time ago when she was in her teens in purple and green. That was her favorite color combination at the time. I made the Bear's Paw quilt blocks using a variety of  purple fabrics and green fabrics and some white fabric. At the time I went a bit overboard not knowing how many quilts blocks I would need to complete the quilt, so I made quite a few extra blocks. The blocks measure 6 3/4" square finished. Years ago I made about 3 pincushions too using the block and I still had quite a few blocks leftover. These are just the purses I have finished using these blocks, but I have at least 2 more than I am working on.

I set the blocks on point and added strips on all 4 corners to make the flap. I added buttons on some of the flaps. All these purses were made with a fine wale corduroy in purple and purple webbing for the straps.


4 purses with Bear's Paw quilt blocks set on point.


This was pieced heart quilt block that I added strips all around to make the flap the right size.

The back side of all of these purses look like this with fine wale purple corduroy.

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Boy, that must feel really great to use some of those already made blocks that were just languishing in wait. The purses all look wonderful. I’ve always loved corduroy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up leftover blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combination and the purses themselves are just lovely. you are going to make some girls very happy. the buttons you used for decoration are perfect. as always you did a magnificent job.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are perfectly lovely. I hope they get given away in matching pairs (i.e., both yours) so that the recipient and her caregiver won't fight over who has the better bag. I did some reading about the cause. It has to leave us thankful that we were lucky enough in our birth not to have had to deal with this issue in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are making the purses. I too have used up leftover blocks. I also use the flaps to experiment with techniques like paper piecing, and machine couching. This is such an incredible progam and Cinnamon and her group are just so dedicated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...