Monday, May 11, 2020

A Variety of Fabric Christmas Gift Bags

I hope all of you my dear friends and followers are doing well. This is a different time for us all. For me it's great to be able to get a lot of sewing done and not have to schedule anything, but I do miss seeing my friends, family and going to all of my stitching groups and seeing everyone as well as seeing all the show & tell.

One thing on my sewing list to do was that I decided to take out all the Christmas fabric that I had on hand and make some gift bags in a few styles and sizes. I still have a couple more to sew that I cut out and have more fabric to make more bags, but I will make those another time. I am glad I made these and was hoping to sell them at a craft show in November, but who knows whether that show will happen at all now? So maybe next year? I'll see what happens.

This is a simple drawstring bag.

This is a small bag like the one below only smaller. I added a Kam snap to close it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to add snaps on the other bags like this, so I just tried it on this bag.

I like these winter animals.


Inside I added a foam core board to stiffen the bottom of the bag. I covered it with decorative paper. The board is removable.


This is such a sweet little drawstring bag and I really like this fabric.

I used strips of blues and greens that I sewed together to create the exterior fabric first and then made the bag from the sewn together pieces. 

This is the other side of the above bag.
Here is a small and large bag in the same style. I love how dimensional the poinsettia looks on the large bag.

One small and 2 large bags.

Two small and one large bag. On the 2 small bags, I sewed together the scraps of all the leftover Christmas fabric I had used on the other bags I made in order to create these bags. I like the scrappy look to them.

A tall and small bag. Again the bag on the right made from fabric scraps leftover.

Two more scrappy small bags and a large bag.

Some of these gift bags sold and the rest were Donated.

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, Daryl, you have a LOT of holiday themed fabric! I like the gold toned gift boxes the best, with the winter animals coming in a close second. (That's also a lot of bag sewing.) Do you think this time has allowed you to put a noticeable dent in your fabric stash or does it still seem like a mountain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great assortment of bags. I hope the sale goes as planned in November. You would do well. I want t make a few bags myself, at least a couple for every season. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels great to use up some fabric and not have any coming in!! I too wonder about the craft shows this fall. I doubt there will be any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you are so productive, what a wonderful variety of bags. i never thought about putting a really fun fabric on the bottom of a bag on the inside, that was brilliant. great color combinations and variety. as always you inspire me.
    tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...